Mr. Alain Nadeau
|Mr. Alain Nadeau
Head of Office
European Investment Bank
- Alain joined the EIB in 1997.
- He took up his appointment as Head of the EIB Group representation for Hungary in June 2016.
- Alain also represents the EIB at the Board of Directors of two microfinance institutions.
- Alain began his career at the EIB as senior loan officer in charge of investment project financing in Asia (Pakistan, Indonesia and the Philippines) before moving to the Central Africa team (Gabon, Sao Tome, Congo and Rwanda); he was subsequently advisor to Vice-presidents, head of the Institutional Unit for the Mediterranean Department and head of the Maghreb Division. Before moving to Budapest, Alain was Head of the Banks and Corporates Division within the Western Europe Department (Benelux, France, Ireland and United Kingdom) since July 2013.
- Before joining the EIB, Alain worked for the French Treasury (Deputy-Head of the European Desk) and for the French Development Agency (with successive assignments in Democratic Republic of the Congo, Madagascar and Niger).
- Alain holds Master’s Degree in Economics.
- Alain is a French national, married, two children.